Job at: Transparency International Uganda (TIU)
Deadline: Friday 24th November, 2017 by 5:00pm
Duty station: Mukono District
Project Name: Land and Corruption in Africa
Transparency International Uganda (TIU) is one of the national chapters of Transparency International– the Global Coalition against corruption. Founded in 1993 as a pressure group to bring together the voluntary initiatives of citizens to enhance accountability, transparency, and integrity amongst all Ugandans. Its jurisdiction is nationwide and addresses all forms of corruption.
About the review:
TIU is planning to review one of her projects “Land and Corruption in Africa” which aims at contributing towards improved livelihoods of men and women adversely affected by corrupt practices in land administration, land deals in Africa through security of tenure, equitable and fair access to land and water.
The results of the review shall be used to identify lessons learnt, develop more practical strategies and recommendations to curb corruption in the land sector as well as strengthen implementation of land polices.
Job Summary: The Research Assistant will carry out data collection using the ODK application which will be installed on a smart phone. The research assistants will be responsible for interviewing community members at the house hold level and district-based key informant respondents
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in a training on data collection which will take place in Kampala
• Collect data through interviews and enter it using the mobile application (ODK)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Applicants for the Research Assistant job should hold a minimum of UACE obtained from any school.
• Prior experience interviewing community members, local government stakeholders strongly desired.
• Strong work ethic and ability to collaborate with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to manage time efficiently.
• Fluency in English and Luganda required.
• Must own a smart phone or Tablet as we shall use it to install the application that will be used to collect data
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
Duration: 04th – 08th December 2017
NB: Only Ugandan nationals or those authorized to work in Uganda will be considered. No international benefits will be offered.
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan nationals should send an updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com